Saturday 22 March 2014

Human Rights: When (not) to Harass People

During a walk in central Malmö, during the second week-end of March, I passed a man who was begging for money. Some seconds later, I saw some senior citizens kicking the man's cup so that he had to collect the coins again.

After confronting them verbally, I gave the begging man some money.

In my mind, it is OK to give beggars money - and it is OK not to do so. After all, it is your money and your decision. However, it is never OK to harass people. That will not improve their situation, it will only kill your soul.

Some hours later, I heard that some people who are working for equality and tolerance were seriously stabbed and abused by fascists, who want to poison the world with hate and fear.

This makes it the second big attack within months in Sweden.

Even if the main focus of this blog will be computer programming, science, trains and other nerdy stuff, I will sporadically cover more serious issues.

Writing about such subjects will attract some trolls, who want to poison my blog. Anyone who want to spread hate is free to do so. But not on my blog.

Therefore, I will pre-moderate all incoming comments. Thy hate shalt not pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment