Saturday 2 June 2018

HouseScanner: Implementation

I used python for fetching house data.

The script prompts for a URL to a house at a real estate portal.
Once the user has provided that URL, the script will fetch the house ad and analyse it using regular expressions.

The script searches for information using Regular Expressions, and adds them to a list.

Information about the local taxes are fetched from another web page, where I use the information about the town to get the tax rate.

Once that file is analyzed, I have almost everything that I need. The remaining information is an estimate of the travel time from the house to my work and from the house to my wifes work. I'll use Google Maps API and json to get this information.

Using Google Maps in a web browser, it is possible to get directions and estimates for travel time:


The information about the directions is sent to the web browser as a JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) object. I'll discuss how to get that data in detail in the next blog post.

When the script has run, the collected data is both printed on the console and copied to the clipboard:
Date, Address, Town, Starting Price, (Taxation value not available in ad), Number of rooms, Yearly maintenance cost, Construction year, Local tax rate, Living area, Other area, Garden area, Travel time for me, Travel time for my wife.
I use a script to copy to the clipboard:


No comments:

Post a Comment