Saturday 22 February 2020

StockAnalyser NodeJS: Connecting to an Existing MSSQL database (1)

Important:
This blog shows my learning curve in different programming languages. Take my code with a large grain of salt.

The NodeJS script shall connect to an existing MS SQL database. This blog post summarizes some of the initial investigations to make this happen.

The connection string is:

The different components of the connection string are:
  • Integrated Security means that I am not using a username/password.
  • AttachDbFileName points to the file on the file system
  • Data Source refers to the MS SQL Server instance.
First step is to find and control the SQL Server software. Sometimes, it comes with the installation of Microsoft Visual studio. The software SQL Server Data Tools isn't included in my MSVC installation  (2017) and I need to add it using the MSVC installer.

The settings for my local database


Normally, the SQL Server Data Tools provides the server to other applications. For some reason I don't have it so I will install MS SQL Server on top of MSVC in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment