Saturday 17 February 2018

Android: Bringing Up the IDE

In 2018, I want to learn developing Android apps. The first step is to run a default app in Android studio.

When building such an example, I got a compile error about a missing Android-26 file.

The issue is that the corresponding Android SDK version isn't installed.

After installing that package, I saw a new issue when building again:

I installed the corresponding Build Tools revision:

This time, the build was successful. I had to restart Android Studio to see the Virtual Device manager (AVD), that I need in order to emulate my app.

Before running, the project must be synced with Android version (Tools - Android - Sync Project with Gradle Files).
The purpose of this blog is to show my learning curve as a software developer. Don't take my blog posts as some truth or golden solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment